In flowers that is….Still intoxicated with mandala madness. 🙂
Yes!! Spring is finally here! Florida is alive with birds chirping and bees buzzing. Flowers are everywhere! It’s time to enjoy the great outdoors with family, friends and my macro lens. 🙂
Abstract art reveals a burst of fresh red poppies in this latest piece. A modern twist on a traditional artist’s subject. Never a dull moment in my studio…..I promise…
“We lost our father in May and my mom has been pretty down so she was extremely excited that you would be able to paint her a piece of art that is so lovely. She fell in love with your “Summer Queen”. Her mother was an artist for over 50 years but she got glaucoma and other eye problems and had to stop. Your art has beautiful colors that even she can see with her limited sight. They are both looking forward to this very much.” T.S.
It’s nowhere near finished yet, but as I work on this piece for a woman that I do not even know, I am so touched by how much joy it will be bringing to her and her mother. Sometimes being an artist involves more than just creating a pretty picture. I am humbled and honored.
Acrylic/Texture Medium on Canvas
best, best friend, best friends, big, big flower, big flowers, blue, blue and red, blue and red flowers, bright flower, bright flowers, buy, buy abstract flowers, buy flower print, buy flower prints, buy poppy prints, buy red poppies, buy red poppy prints, floral, flower, flowers, friend, friends, gift, love, lovers, mom, mother, mother's day, poppies, poppy, print, prints, red, red floral, red flower, red flowers, red poppies, red poppy, romance, romantic, sister, valentines day
The Summer sun is particularly brutal this time of year in Florida. Temperatures soar and it is nearly impossible to spend time outside during the hottest part of the day. As I head back to my retreat after a long walk along the ocean, I am always stuck by how parched and dead everything is on the dunes. It looks brittle and bare. But there are these little bursts of color dotting the landscape. Yellow flowers that withstand the most demanding months of Summer. The Beach Sunflower……Summer’s brightest!
I will be away for awhile….see you when I get back!
botanical, common weeds, eco, flower, garden, gardening, lavender, macro, macro photo, macro photography, natural, nature, painting, petal, petals, plant, plants, purple, sharon cummings, spring, summer, weeds, wild, wildflower, wildflowers
I went outside today to see if there were any flowers left blooming. In Florida we have a short Winter and then a handful of nice Spring days with bursts of color everywhere. The azaleas…….the bromeliads……and then it all dies………….9 months of HEAT. Not much grows in Summer except the grass and weeds. All of my irises are brown and crispy looking. The lilies look like beef jerky. But this little group of tiny dancers was still celebrating, so I snapped them quickly before the sun was full in the sky.
I will be in my studio painting now for a good long while……..expect some new acrylic work very soon!
. . .
….. . .
. ……….. .
. … . .
beach sunflower, botanical prints, daisies, daisy, floral, floral prints, flower, garden, gardening, nature, nature photography, photography, photos, pretty flowers, sharon cummings, sun, sun flower, sunflower, weeds, wild flowers, wildflowers, yellow, yellow daisy, yellow flower
And I say…It’s alright! After 2 days of dark, wet and windy weather, I welcome the sun today with open arms. We are having unseasonably rainy and cooler temperatures here in Florida. May is usually hot. Just hot. But the rains have started early. I just hope this isn’t a premonition for Hurricane Season. Let me worship the sun while I can!
…. …… ….
. ….. . .. . …
arrangement, art, bathroom, beautiful, bedroom, botanical, botanical art, botanical painting, botanical prints, bud, buds, cottage, cottage art, country, country cottage, elegance, elegant, feminine, floral, floral arrangement, flower, flower buds, flowers, garden, gardening, happiness, happy, health, health benefits, healthy living, kitchen, ladies slippers, lady slipper, orchid, orchids, phaphiopedilum, photo, photograph, photography, rich, sharon cummings, smile, smiling, soft, table, traditional, vase, vases, yellow orchid
It’s so simple. Just smile. Even if you have to look at cute videos on YouTub of babies laughing or puppies sleeping, it’s a great way to improve your health and it makes you feel good about yourself. Below are some of the rewards of lifting those cheeks:
1. It Lower Heart Rate – Smiling slows the heart and relaxes the body. People who smile and laugh often are less likely to develop heart disease. Smiling reduces blood pressure temporarily too.
2. It Reduce Stress – Stress relief may be as simple as smiling a little more throughout the day. Smiling releases endorphins that counteract and diminish the stress hormones.
3. It Increase Productivity – Smiling has been shown to increase productivity while performing tasks. There’s truth to the “whistle while we work” mentality. This also explains why silly internet memes and pictures of cute animals can actually get people motivated and working harder after a few moments of smiling or laughter.
4. It is a natural Pain Killer – Smiling and laughter both have been shown to lessen pain. They release endorphins that lift our moods, but many of these act as natural painkillers too.
5. It Increase Attention – Stress limits our perceptions and narrows our attention. Our body kicks into fight or flight mode where we can focus only on one of those things. Smiling counteracts this and widens our attention again, opening us back up to multitasking and insights that come from the fringes of our perception and our subconscious.
6. It is Contagious – Around 50% of people smile back. This spreads the health benefits throughout those around you and it comes back to you several times as well.
7. It makes you more Attractive! – Smiling makes people look more appealing. This seems to be especially true for women. Men are more likely to approach a woman who smiles than one who simply makes eye contact while women aren’t necessarily drawn in by a smile alone.
8. It makes You Look Younger – Smiles naturally lift the face and in studies have shown to make people look younger, around 3 years younger on average.
9. It increases Longevity – The effects of a good smile extend past just the exterior good looks. People who smile more often live longer too, around 7 years longer than most according to one study. It releases stress, helps the heart, and much more to keep you healthy longer.
10. It Boosts the Immune System – Smiles help the body relax and this lets the immune system react more quickly and effectively against invaders.
So C’mon…………………………………………………..S.M.I.L.E. 🙂