All the ladies in France,
Don’t believe in underpants.
So they walk around town,
With their hineys hanging down.
As a kid we used to sing this little song that ended with all of us giggling at the thought. I have no idea where this ditty came from, but I had the impression for many years that French ladies never wore panties! Funny.
It is interesting what you “think” you know about a country that you have never visited or studied. I grew up on a horse ranch in Myakka City, Florida and we were not cultured or exposed to much outside of our little town. It wasn’t until I moved away at 18 that I started to learn more about the real World.
As a youngster the French brought us french toast, ballet, french fries, armoires, croissants, brassieres and pie a la mode. But they did not bring us panties!
Some interesting facts about France:
* There is a Victor Hugo street in every town in France.
* France produces over 400 types of cheese!
* Crayola is a French word that means “oily chalk”
* The number of times the French kiss each other as a form of greeting varies depending on region. In Corsica, the number of kisses can be as many as 5!
* Coco Chanel’s real name was Gabrielle Bonheur.
* The French had an early version of the internet called Minitel, where as long as 1984, they could pay bills and shop at home using the Minitel service.
* Paris nicknamed “city of lights,” lights actually refers to the number of intellectuals who live there